Chippewa Valley Promotes 9 to Assistant Principal Posts for 2012-13
Dakota High School, Iroquois, Wyandot and Seneca middle schools, and Cheyenne, Sequoyah and Shawnee elementary schools will have new assistant principals this year.
Nine Chippewa Valley teachers will open new chapters in their respective careers today as they begin work as assistant principals in seven of the district’s elementary, middle and high schools.
Frank Bellomo, Nicole Faehner, Mark Johnson, Jonathan Jones, Christina Kozouz, Lynn Mair, Andrea McVicar, Lisa Reisner and Kelly Shock were promoted this year to fill newly created administrative positions as well as those created by retirements in 2011-12.
“It was an absolutely spectacular pool of candidates and what is so remarkable about these people, I think, is their dedication to students and the community, Chippewa Valley Schools,” said Superintendent Ron Roberts. “They are outstanding and I think they’ll bring many positive attributes to our administrative team.”
The newly promoted assistant principals begin their new roles Aug. 14.
- Bellomo will divide his work between Iroquois and Wyandot middle schools.
- He previously taught and served as an administrative intern at Algonquin Middle School.
- He was involved in curriculum and school improvement in Chippewa Valley and taught at a charter school prior to coming to the district.
- Faehner will join the administration at Dakota High School.
- She is a graduate of Chippewa Valley Schools and worked as a math teacher and administrative intern in the district prior to her promotion.
- Johnson will join the administration at Shawnee Elementary School.
- He previously taught at Miami Elementary School and served as an administrative intern at Cheyenne Elementary.
- He has been very involved in school improvement and works with the district’s elementary Lego Robotics program.
- Jones will join the administration at the Dakota Ninth-Grade Center.
- He has worked as a math teacher at Dakota and served as a teacher-in-charge at the high school for the past few months of the 2011-12 school year.
- He has been very involved in technology and has served as a technology pioneer, guiding his co-workers through the district’s latest technology.
- Kozouz will join the administrative team at Iroquois Middle School.
- She is a longtime middle school teacher in the district and served as an administrative intern for the past year.
- Mair will join the administrative team at Cheyenne Elementary School.
- She has taught at both the middle and elementary school levels and since 2006, she has been the district’s language arts curricular leader.
- She is very involved in school improvement and the language arts curriculum at the county and state level.
- McVicar will join the administration at Sequoyah Elementary School.
- She has been the district’s math curricular leader since 2004 and has extensive elementary teaching experience.
- She previously served as an administrative intern and has sat on the statewide NCA committee.
- Reisner will join the administration at Dakota High School.
- She is a graduate of Chippewa Valley Schools and has served as an English and Spanish teacher at Dakota for approximately 10 years.
- She has worked as an administrative intern for the past year and is very involved in online education with Marygrove College.
- Shock will join the administration at Seneca Middle School.
- She has taught at the elementary and middle school levels and served as an administrative intern.
- She has been very involved in school improvement.