Five Things to Know Today: June 2
The sun is shining, the warm breezes are whipping through your hair and Macomb Patch has five things you need to know to thoroughly enjoy the day.
Did you know the state capital of of Michigan is Lansing? Yes? Good. Here are five other things you need to know:
- Ahh yes. Now it feels like spring. Today will be sunny with a high temperature near 70 degrees. It will be windy once again, but if you close your eyes and stir up your imagination just a bit, you can almost convince your mind that the breezes are of the tropical variety. Add a pina colada and you're in paradise. This forecast brought to you by the National Weather Service.
- In recognition of Macomb Township's German roots, we bring you the German Word of the Day: lieben, meaning to love, is a verb pronounced [leeben]. For example, "Ich liebe Macomb Patch." Can you guess what that means?
- The Macomb Township Parks and Recreation's 12th annual Tons O Trucks & Wheeled Wonders event is rolling back into town Saturday. The event will be held from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. in the St. John Medical Center parking lot and will feature 69 vehicles, ranging from monster trucks to the Pistons Hoop Shoot Truck.
- Shawnee Elementary is holding its Talent Show at 6 p.m. Piano, dance and at least one person is sure to be playing a recorder.
- Before you head out the door with the sunscreen and beach towel, be sure to check the Macomb County Beach Closures list. We'll update this list each week with information from the health department.