Kurczewski to Challenge GOP's Forlini in District 24 House Race
Philip Kurczewski defeated Carey Torrice in the Aug. 7 primary to win the Democratic nomination for the District 24 House of Representatives race.
With 61 percent of the vote, Philip Kurczewski won the Democratic nomination over Carey Torrice Tuesday and will challenge incumbent Republican Anthony G. Forlini for the District 24 state House seat in November.
Kurczewski, a Clinton Township resident, won 61 percent of the District 24 vote, with Torrice earning the remaining 39 percent.
Forlini, a former Harrison Township supervisor, was first elected as District 24's state representative in 2010, defeating challengers Sarah Roberts, a Democrat, and Keith P. Edwards, a Libertarian, in the November 2010 election.
Kurczewski and Forlini will square off for the seat on Nov. 6.
District 24 covers portions of Macomb, Clinton and Harrison townships.
These results are unofficial until confirmed by the Macomb County clerk.