L'Anse Creuse Teachers Receive $18K in Grants to Take Lessons Beyond Textbooks
The L’Anse Creuse Foundation awarded grants to 35 elementary, middle and high school teachers Friday.
Christmas came early to 35 teachers in L'Anse Creuse Public Schools, thanks to more than $18,000 in grants from the L’Anse Creuse Foundation.
Foundation members surprised teachers in their classrooms Friday, distributing grants ranging from $240 to $2,000 to fund a wide variety of projects and special educational resources, including:
- Bounce for Success, special education resources
- Modeling in Mathematics, math manipulatives
- Globs, Goo, and Guts, a hands-on experience that allows students to look at the internal body systems of animals and compare them to human body systems
- The Geometry of Kite Building
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- Increasing Student Productivity in the SEI Classroom by providing beanbags for severely impaired students
- Artist Mosaic Tables
- It Takes “Tu” (You) to Tango, experiencing Hispanic culture through song and dance
- Tactical Trebuchets
The mission of the L'Anse Creuse Foundation is to generate and distribute financial and other resources to LCPS' students for enrichment programs and other projects aimed at enhancing their educational opportunities.