Looking for a Way to Honor Veterans Day? Find Events in Macomb Township and Beyond
Here's a roundup of Veterans Day services and events in Macomb County over the weekend.
This weekend, many Americans will pause to reflect on the sacrifices of our armed forces as we recognize Veterans Day Sunday.
If you're looking for a way to honor those who have served, here is a roundup of ceremonies and services in Macomb County, ranging from a fundraiser to help a veteran's widow to city ceremonies and a 21-gun salute.
- A fundraiser will be held Friday, Nov. 9 at 5:30 p.m. for the widow of a disabled veteran, who is in need of funds to remove black mold from her home. The pasta dinner will be held at 47236 Dequindre Rd. in Shelby Twp. The cost to attend is $10.
- Macomb Township veterans will be honored by their own community for the first time Nov. 9 when the Macomb Township Community Foundation hosts a Veteran's Day memorial at the Town Hall. The ceremony will begin at 4 p.m. Roseville-based Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 154 will perform a 21-gun salute.
- Shelby Township will hold a special Veterans Day Ceremony on Nov. 11 at 1:30 p.m. at the Shelby Township Municipal Hall, located at 52700 Van Dyke.
- Disabled American Veterans Chapter 129 of Shelby Township will be conducting its annual Forget-Me-Not drive all weeked at Vince and Joe's Gourmet Market in Shelby Township. All donations will be strictly used for veterans in need and their families.
- Resurrection Cemetery in Clinton Township will hold its annual Veterans Day service at 1 p.m. Nov. 11, in the Veteran's Section, 18201 Clinton River Rd.
- A Veterans Day Ceremony will take place at the New Baltimore City Hall on Sunday, Nov. 11 starting at 11 a.m.
- The VFW Bruce Post of St. Clair Shores will hold their Veterans Day Ceremony on Nov. 11 at 11 a.m. The event will be held at 28404 Jefferson Ave. The event is open to the public. Coffee, milk, juice and donuts will be served.
- LOCATION CHANGE: Macomb Community College will honor veterans at noon Monday, Nov. 12, with a rifle squad salute and remarks from military officials. Due to weather, ceremonies will take place at the K-130 (Cultural Center) on the Center Campus at Garfield and Hall roads in Clinton Township, and in K-301 on South Campus at E. 12 Mile and Bunert roads in Warren.
Tell us the hero you'll be thinking of on Veterans Day in the comments below, or upload a photo of your loved one to the gallery above.