Meet the Candidates for Macomb Township's 4 Trustee Seats
Patch recently interviewed the seven Republican candidates vying for Macomb Township's four trustee positions, asking about their community involvement, qualifications for the post and outside interests.
With 14 Republicans, and no Democrats, running for Macomb Township's seven board seats, the Aug. 7 primary could very well decide the outcome of the general election.
Typically, if a candidate wins their primary, that means they have been nominated to represent their party in the general election. But if there is no opponent in the general election, their race in uncontested and they win by default. That is currently the case in Macomb Township.
Macomb Patch has now interviewed all 14 candidates. Meet the seven residents running for the township's four trustee positions by clicking on their names in bold below.
Role: Trustees are elected representatives who vote on issues brought before the board. They are part-time positions elected to serve four-year terms.
- Age: 53
- Focus: Improving township services while maintaining a low tax rate
- Age: 39
- Focus: Improve township offerings and opportunities for special needs children and adults as well as seniors.
- Age: 71
- Focus: Continue improving township services and maintaining a healthy rainy day fund.
- Age: 64
- Focus: Develop budget for road repairs and improve senior services.
- Age: 42
- Focus: Finish undeveloped sub-divisions, improve programs for senior citizens, encourage new business development and reduce taxes.
- Age: 40
- Focus: Improve township business structure (i.e. correcting outdated ordinances, creating incentives for new business, streamlining regulations) and equal recreation opportunities for all ages.
- Age: 70
- Focus: Reducing the impact of government regulations (i.e. updating industrial building ordinances and exploring opportunities of mixed usages in industrial areas) and maintaining fiscal responsibility.
Find more candidate interviews and election information in our Election 2012 guide.