With the jack-o-lanterns discarded and the turkey digested, the time to decorate the Christmas tree is fast approaching.
Whether you are replacing a loved, but worn artificial tree, or are intent on finding that 9-foot evergreen with the heavenly scent, this list of local tree lots, u-cut farms and stores with wide artificial selections will hopefully help you start your search.
Let the hunt for the perfect tree begin.
- Agosta's Christmas Trees: Hall Road and Heydenreich
- Wiegand's Nursery: 21 Mile and Romeo Plank roads
- English Gardens: Hall Road and Garfield
Opper Land Pines
- 59500 Frost Road, New Haven, MI 48048
- Phone: (586) 749-9888
- Open: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekends after Thanksgiving
- Varieties: Scotch Pine, Blue Spruce, White Spruce
- 17985 Center Road, Armada, MI 48005
- Phone: 586-784-5343
- Open: Every day 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Varieties: Scotch Pine, Blue Spruce, White Spruce, White Pine, Douglas Fir, Austrian Pine, Norway Spruce, Concolor Fir, Fraser Fir, Balsam Fir, Canaan Fir.
Santa’s Pride Tree Farm
- 36 Mile Road, 2 1/2 miles west of VanDyke, Romeo, MI 48065
- Phone: 586-752-5549.
- Open: Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Varieties: Blue Spruce, White Spruce, White Pine, Austrian Pine, Concolor Fir, Fraser Fir, Balsam Fir, Black Hills Spruce.
Artificial Tree Sales
- Wiegand's Nursery: 21 Mile Road and Romeo Plank
- ACO Hardware: 21 Mile Road and Garfield
- ACE Hardware: 23 Mile Road and Romeo Plank
- Home Depot: Hall Road and Heydenreich
- Target: Hall Road and Heydenreich
And for those raging the fir vs. fake debate in their homes, here are a few points to help build the argument for your tree of choice:
- Environmentally friendly, if recycled properly
- Locally grown benefits the local economy
- Natural (non-aerosol) evergreen scent
- Kinder to those with allergies
- Better cost-for-use ratio
- Flame retardant (although artificial trees can burn and will release toxins when they do)