On the Agenda: Trustees to Talk 2011-12 Township Budget
Here is an overview of what Macomb Township Board of Trustees have on the agenda for June 22.
There are more than 20 items on the agenda for tonight's Board of Trustees meeting, but Macomb Township residents are encouraged to take special interest in one of them specifically: the 2011-12 township budget.
A public hearing will be held during the regular meeting to allow township residents to voice their opinions and concerns regarding the proposed budget for the 2011-12 fiscal year.
The board meets at 7 p.m. in the Macomb Township Town Hall, and the hearing is likely to begin shortly after 7 p.m.
Other items of interest on the agenda include:
- Summer Taxes: A request for the purchase and mailing of 2011 summer tax bills hails the coming of summer tax season.
- Water & Sewer Rates: A request to consider adjustment to Water & Sewer Rates for 2011/2012 and to consider adjustment to Water & Sewer lateral fees.
- Employment: Request to promote two firefighters, request to recruit a full-time sergeant, request to fill a program leader position.
- Real Estate: Request approval for the sale of vacant lots in Koss Farms Subdivision, Gloria Drive, Parcels 08-21-253-010, 011, 012, 013 and 014.
- Real Estate: Review of tax reverted properties from Macomb County Treasurer’s Office.
- Proposal for Lump Sum Buyout of Cell Tower Leases.