The 12 Days of Christmas Countdown: Day 1 (Taking Some Me-Time)
We're counting down the days and double checking our list of chores pre-Christmas. Follow along and add your own tricks to keep this holiday on track. We start with a little meditation and retail therapy.
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a little time reserved just for me.
Nothing says Christmas like family–even when they're staying in your home, eating your food and offering "friendly" suggestions on your cooking, clothes, decorating tastes and childrens' upbringing.
So before the in-laws, cousins, aunts, uncles and siblings make their way through your door this season, make plans to spend a few hours by your lonesome.
Have dad take the kids to see Santa, or call in a favor from your girlfriend to ensure the scheduled playdate happens on her turf.
Use those hours to finish wrapping gifts, buying last-minute gifts and psyching yourself up for the days to come.
If you're ahead of the game, take an hour or two to pamper yourself or visit the gym before the Christmas consumption begins.
- Macomb Township Recreation Center – Use the weight room, walking track, cardio machines or pool area for a small fee, unless you're a member, in which case you've already paid.
- De Jolie Salon and Spa – Hair, nails, the works just in time for the holidays.
- The Mall at Partridge Creek – Pick up last-minute gifts or just window shop. Maybe treat yourself to a Nestle Toll House cookie.
- Biggby Coffee – There's really nothing a ridiculous coffee or tea concoction can't fix. Order your usual, or ask the barista to suggest something to suit your taste. Then take a few minutes to just kick back and enjoy the peace.
- Clinton-Macomb Public Library North Branch – Grab a favorite book, pop in some earbuds and spend a few hours in the world of your choosing.
Looking for more salons, gyms or venues specializing in R&R? Check our business directory.
Tomorrow, the second day of Christmas.