Today is National Ice Cream Day! What's Your Favorite Flavor?
Celebrate this national, albeit slightly bizarre holiday, by grabbing an ice cream cone from your favorite local shop.
Today is National Ice Cream Day and you are to observe it with "appropriate ceremonies and activities." That's a direct order from President Ronald Reagan.
In 1984, Reagan proclaimed July as National Ice Cream Month and established National Ice Cream Day as the third Sunday in the month. So you have permission from "The Gipper" himself to indulge. Think of it as doing your part to keep this $10 billion industry alive and kicking.
You can buy a quart of your favorite flavor at Kroger, or satisfy your craving for a cone at one of these local shops:
- Babycakes Cafe (serving Hershey's ice cream)
- Cold Stone Creamery
- Dairy Queen/Orange Julius
- Erma's Frozen Custard
- Hershey's Ice Cream
- Maceri's Soup and Scoop (serving Ashby's Sterling ice cream)
- Menchie's Frozen Yogurt
- Morley Candy Makers (serving Sanders ice cream)
- Scoop & Twist Ice Cream (serving Ashby's Sterling ice cream and Frostyogurt)
- Stahl's Bakery (serving Ashby's Sterling ice cream)
- World's Finest Custard
What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Take the poll below or tell us in the comments!