Invite a friend
Meet the Candidates Forum at Clinton-Macomb Library
The Macomb Township Republican Caucus (MTRC), an affiliate of the Rebublican Committee of Northern Macomb County (RCNMC) will hold a “Meet the Candidates” forum for those seeking election to Macomb Township positions. These include Supervisor, Clerk, Treasurer, and Trustees. Also included will be Macomb County Board of Commissioners District 13, as it encompasses Macomb Township.
This event will take place on Thursday, July 19, from 6-8:30 p.m. at the Main Branch of the Clinton-Macomb Public Library located at Romeo Plank and Canal Road in Clinton Township.
This is not a debate style forum, but one where candidates will be allotted three minutes to explain their positions and why they are the best candidate. Incumbents (in alphabetical order) will be allowed to speak first, and are then followed by challengers (in alphabetical order). The sequence will be:
- Supervisor – Grabow, Dunn, Missig
- Clerk – Koehs, Imbronone
- Treasurer – Goodhue, Christ
- Trustee – Bucci, Krzeminski, Nevers, Freitas, Laing, Michaels, Napolitano
- Commissioner – Sabatini, Karwowicz
This will be followed by a question and answer session encompassing the balance of the program. Questions to a particular position will be asked and answered by all candidates for that position. Each candidate will be allotted one minute to answer the question. The sequence above will be used, but will rotate with each question. Therefore the first question to the Supervisor position will be answered in the order Grabow, Dunn, Missig, and the second question will be answered Dunn, Missig, Grabow, etc. This format will follow for all positions. Written questions will be asked by the moderators from those received from the audience and participants both prior to and submitted in written form during the forum. Provisions will be made for audience members to submit questions in written format on index cards during the forum. Oral questions from the audience will not be allowed. This is to insure that the following guidelines regarding questions are followed:
- No multi-component questions. Keep them simple.
- No questions directed at a particular candidate.
- Questions must be directed to a particular elected position.
- Questions must be on topic and relevant to the position.
General rules for all candidates and audience members:
- Candidates are not allowed to disparage other candidates.
- Talk to your abilities rather than perceived shortcomings of your rivals.
- All participants are to be civil to each other and all in attendance.
- To ensure fairness to all candidates, allotted time will be enforced.
- Steven Stoll - ViceChair MTRC 248-705-3813 firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Wolfsberger, Jr. - Chair MTRC 256-603-3462 email@example.com