- Enjoy the partly sunny skies this morning, because there is a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. The high will be around 88 degrees and the low around 71 degrees. Another batch of showers and thunderstorms are likely between 8 p.m. and 2 a.m., according to the National Weather Service.
- Congratulations go out to Dakota High School alumnus Chris Boylan, who took home an honorable mention, the equivalent of third place, in his category at the 2011 Association of Woodworking & Furnishings Suppliers Fresh Wood Competition.
- Macomb Township is home to several different religious institutions, and in an effort to expand Patch's coverage of these many faiths, we're introducing "Pastor Profiles." Starting off our series is Scott Blanchard, lead pastor of Lakepointe Church.
- ! That is the common greeting to wish a bountiful or generous month at the start of Ramadan, the holiest month of the Islamic calendar for Muslims. Ramadan started Sunday night, so to all our Muslim friends and neighbors in Macomb, Ramadan Kareem!
- In recognition of Macomb Township's German roots, we bring you the German Word of the Day: Beispiel, meaning example, is a noun pronounced [bye-shpeel].