On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a little time reserved just for me.
Nothing says Christmas like family–even when they're staying in your home, eating your food and offering "friendly" suggestions on your cooking, clothes, decorating tastes and childrens' upbringing.
So before the in-laws, cousins, aunts, uncles and siblings make their way through your door this season, make plans to spend a few hours by your lonesome.
Have dad take the kids to see Santa, or call in a favor from your girlfriend to ensure the scheduled playdate happens on her turf.
Use those hours to finish wrapping gifts, buying last-minute gifts and psyching yourself up for the days to come.
If you're ahead of the game, take an hour or two to pamper yourself or visit the gym before the Christmas consumption begins.
- – Use the weight room, walking track, cardio machines or pool area for a small fee, unless you're a member, in which case you've already paid.
- – Maybe pick up a gift card while you're there for a friend.
- – Hair, nails, the works just in time for the holidays.
- – Pick up last-minute gifts or just window shop. Maybe treat yourself to a Nestle Toll House cookie.
- Biggby Coffee – Grab a favorite book from the and enjoy a hot coffee by the fire.
Looking for more salons, gyms or venues specializing in R&R? Check our business directory.
Tomorrow, the second day of Christmas.