.

Arson Suspected as Cause of Morning House Fire off 22 Mile Road in Macomb

Candles set and scattered throughout the Carlton Drive home are believed to have started the Monday morning blaze, according to Macomb Township Fire Chief Robert Philips.

A house fire Monday morning near 22 Mile and Card roads in Macomb Township has all the indications of being arson, said Macomb Township Fire Chief Robert Philips.

The suspect, a Macomb Township woman whose age is unknown at this time, was rescued from the home by fire crews and transported to a nearby hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

When fire crews arrived at the Carlton Drive home shortly after 8:15 a.m. Monday, they found six separate fires burning on both floors of the two-story residence. Although the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office fire investigation unit has now taken over the case, Philips said it appeared the fires had been started with a series of candles scattered throughout the home.

It took fire crews approximately 30 minutes to extinguish the blaze, leaving the home with significant damage due to fire, water and smoke, Philips said.

No charges have been filed at this time, Macomb County Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said. The fire unit is continuing its investigation.

Stay with Patch for more on this developing story.

Special thanks to Patch reader Dawn who alerted Macomb Patch to this story. If you have a tip or story to share, email Editor Jenny Whalen at jenny.whalen@patch.com or call/text 586-764-3791.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »