There are more than 20 items on the agenda for tonight's Board of Trustees meeting, but Macomb Township residents are encouraged to take special interest in one of them specifically: the 2011-12 township budget.
A public hearing will be held during the regular meeting to allow township residents to voice their opinions and concerns regarding the proposed budget for the 2011-12 fiscal year.
The board meets at 7 p.m. in the Macomb Township , and the hearing is likely to begin shortly after 7 p.m.
Other items of interest on the agenda include:
- Summer Taxes: A request for the purchase and mailing of 2011 summer tax bills hails the coming of summer tax season.
- Water & Sewer Rates: A request to consider adjustment to Water & Sewer Rates for 2011/2012 and to consider adjustment to Water & Sewer lateral fees.
- Employment: Request to promote two firefighters, request to recruit a full-time sergeant, request to fill a program leader position.
- Real Estate: Request approval for the sale of vacant lots in Koss Farms Subdivision, Gloria Drive, Parcels 08-21-253-010, 011, 012, 013 and 014.
- Real Estate: Review of tax reverted properties from Macomb County Treasurer’s Office.
- Proposal for Lump Sum Buyout of Cell Tower Leases.