Welcome to Recipe Swap, a new series created to put a 21st century twist on the age-old practice of swapping recipes with friends and neighbors.
Last week, Patch asked its Facebook readers to share their uses for , and before that, and . From avocado-based desserts to stuffed peppers and a dozen different grill options, readers offered up a variety of recipes used and loved by their own families.
This week we turn our attention to eggplant – a vibrant veggie found just about everywhere this time of year. Note: EVOO is short for extra virgin olive oil.
- Shannon Connell Shunk May I suggest something other than Eggplant Parmesan...Grilled Eggplant Involtini. Shunk recommends this recipe from Vegetarian Times.
- Heather Clotfelter Dip it in egg/milk, then in seasoned parmesan cheese. Heat skillet with some olive oil and fry the eggplant til golden brown. Or chop up, coat with olive oil and seasonings and grill it.
- Nonna Angelina, a blogger who splits her time between Metro Detroit and Sicily, suggests Eggplant Antipasto, or Antipasto di Melanzane. This dish uses eggplant, lemon juice, white vinegar, seat salt, water and EVOO.
- Linda Friday Schwarm I dip the slices in egg/milk and coat them in a mixture of 2 cups Progresso Italian bread crumbs, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, a dash of garlic & onion powder. Then fry them in in EV olive oil until golden brown.
- Laura Grundei Hogg Slice, drizzle with EVOO, sprinkle with S&P, garlic powder, then grill!
Try these suggestions and post your own in the comments below! What ingredient would you like us to look at next?