Cheyenne Elementary School
Cheyenne Elementary School is one of 12 elementary schools in the Chippewa Valley School District. In 2009, the State of Michigan and Macomb County Board of Commissioners named Cheyenne a Michigan Green School in recognition of the school's recycling efforts, energy savings and environmental activities. Each year, Cheyenne staff, students and parents work to actively give back to the community through fundraisers and volunteer opportunities such as the Kiwanis/Student Council Holiday Food Drive, Operation Care Package and St. Jude's Marathon. For seven consecutive years, Cheyenne Elementary has achieved a grade of "A" on the State of Michigan's Annual Report Card and the school's third, fourth and fifth grade students continue to achieve top MEAP results in the district.
- Fax: 586-723-5001
- Hours: Full day: Mon - Fri, 9:02am - 3:50pm. Half day: Mon - Fri, 9:02am - 12:14pm. Kindergarten AM: Mon - Fri, 9:02am - 12:11pm. Kindergarten PM: Mon - Fri, 12:41pm - 3:50pm; Sat, Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped bathroom access and wide doors are available.
- Founding Date: 1998
- Number of students: 838
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: North Central Association
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 41
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Cheyenne regularly partners with local businesses and organizations to better serve the community.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K - 5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Harvest Festival, Eggstravaganza, Breakfast with Santa, Springo (Bingo), Family Movie Night
- Student clubs: Lego Robotics Club, Jump Rope Club, Broadcast Club, Garden Club, Science Olympiad, Tutoring Club