Ebeling Elementary School
Ebeling Elementary School is one of 29 elementary schools in Utica Community Schools. A Michigan Blue Ribbon School, Ebeling prides itself on being a "green" school, having adopted its first aggressive energy management program in 2006. The school hosts grades kindergarten to six and offers specials such as art, music, physical education and media center hour in addition to core subjects such as math, science, social studies and English. Sixth graders have the option of band. During the media center hour, students learn traditional lessons such as the Dewey Decimal System and how to properly care for books, as well as 21st century lessons in using technology such as computers, scanners, digital cameras and video cameras to create projects that complement the curriculum. Students can also check out iPods loaded with audiobooks throughout the school year. Weekly restaurant nights are held for school families to socialize with one another in venues throughout the community.
- Fax: 586-797-4701
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:25am - 3:15pm
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped bathrooms, wide doors
- Number of students: 618
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: North Central Association, Ed YES!
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 37
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Fundraisers are held throughout the school year to benefit local charities and community organizations.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K-6
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Back to School Picnic, Mother/Son Outing, Daddy/Daughter Dance, Fun Day, Math Night, Talent Show
- Student clubs: E.X.C.E.L., School Spirit Store, Safety Patrol, E.L.I.T.E., Social Studies Olympiad, Student Health, Math Olympiad, Science Olympiad, Ebeling View, Lego, Bank, Ski, Go To, Flag