El Charro Restaurante
El Charro was voted the number one Mexican restaurant in Macomb County by the Macomb Daily newspaper. It also received an award for best tacos in Macomb County by the Detroit News. That is worth bragging about.
El Charro is located a little off the beaten path, about 1 mile off the major thoroughfare known as Hall Road. It is part of a strip mall shared with several smaller establishments and a major drugstore chain, a grocery story and a bank. This restaurant has three locations locally, one with a drive-through. This location is one of the newer ones and the interior is tastefully decorated. Mexican music plays softly over the sound system. El Charro serves great margaritas and homemade chips, salsa and guacamole.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 11am - 10pm; Fri, Sat, 11am - 10:30pm; Sun, 12pm - 9pm
- Handicap Accessible: There is parking in the lot and a ramp to the store.
- Founding Date: 1973 for the chain, this location 2004
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Beans, rice, salads, soups, tacos, burritos, tortillas, chimichangas, tamales, enchiladas, flautas, steaks, flan, ice cream
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: elcharrousa.com/menus-fraser.shtml
- Specialties: Wet burritos and margaritas
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Mexican, Vegetarian/Vegan
- Signature dishes: Soft-shell tacos and wet burritos
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Soft-shell tacos
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Number of tables: 24
- Features: Catering, Dinner, Group-friendly, Happy Hour, Kids' Menu, Lunch
- Dress code: Casual to Business Casual