L'Anse Creuse High School North
L'Anse Creuse High School North is one of two high schools in the L'Anse Creuse school district. In addition to its strong academic and athletic programs, High School North also strives to emphasize the importance of community service. Students are required to complete 40 hours of community service prior to graduation and during the year; student organizations raise thousands of dollars for local charities and scholarships. North students actively volunteer for the Red Cross, Relay for Life, Soldiers of Iraq and various tutorial programs.
Home to an internationally recognized band program, L'Anse Creuse High School North also offers 22 athletic programs ranging from freshman to varsity teams. Numerous advanced placement courses and dual enrollment opportunities are available for students who are college bound, and programs at the district's Frederick V. Pankow Center give students the opportunity to learn and apply real-world skills in technology, medicine, community education and the performing arts. High School North is also a national blue ribbon school.
- Fax: 586-493-5275
- Hours: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, 7:11am - 2:20pm; Wed, 7:11am - 1:20pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 1,945
- Public/Private: Public
- Graduation rate (%): 84.43
- Accreditation/licenses: North Central Association
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 91
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Students must complete 40 hours of community service before May 1 of their senior year. The service must benefit a nonprofit organization, individual or group in need.
- Grade levels: 9 - 12
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Literature, Government, World History, Art History, U.S. History, Calculus, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Studio Art, Spanish, Music Theory
- Extracurricular activities available: National Honor Society, athletics, Community Action Coalition
- Student clubs: Student Council, Link Crew, Close-Up Washington, D.C. Club
- Sports teams: Baseball, softball, girls and boys basketball, bowling, cheerleading, cross country, dance, football, girls and boys soccer, girls and boys swimming and diving, girls and boys tennis, track, volleyball, wrestling