Macomb Township Recreation Center
The Macomb Township Recreation Center is a 90,000-square-foot facility just off 25 Mile Road open to both residents and non-residents for a per visit or monthly fee. The host of numerous community events such as the Tree Lighting and Halloween Hoopla, the center is also a state-of-the-art fitness facility. Opening in 2004 and completing its expansion in 2007, the center now boasts two full gyms, two aerobic dance studios, 64 cardio machines, a 7/10 mile walking track, two party rooms, game room, indoor playscape, child watch room, weight room and pool area. The workout room is home to 20 flatscreen TVs and the pool includes a lazy river, jacuzzi, children's playscape, water slide and changing rooms. Numerous programs and fitness classes offered through the Macomb Township Parks and Recreation Department are held at the center and rooms are available for private parties. The Parks and Recreation program catalog is available at http://www.macomb-mi.gov/parks%20and%20rec/ParksREACHCatalogPage.html.
- Fax: 586-992-2999
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 6am - 10pm; Sat, 8am - 8pm; Sun, 10am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped bathrooms, wide doors, elevator
- Founding Date: July 19, 2004
- What makes this community special?: Hundreds, sometimes thousands of residents turn out for special events held throughout the year.
- Parking: Free lot
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: In 2009, 564 birthdays were held at the recreation center.
- Facilities (playgrounds): Benches, Restrooms, Tables
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires, No pets, No smoking
- Features: Banquet room, Basketball courts, Fitness center, Game room, Pool
- Private events: Yes
- Wi-Fi: None
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Senior
- Membership info: Resident monthly: $25 head of house, $15 spouse, $10 dependent; Senior resident monthly: $15; Non-resident rates doubled
- Facilities: Basketball courts, Gym, Running track, Swimming pool, Table tennis, Volleyball courts
- Facility types: Indoor
- Features: Game room, Jacuzzi/hot tub, Lockers, Showers, Vending machines
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No pets, No smoking
- Features: Cardio (bicycle), Cardio (elliptical), Cardio (stair master), Cardio (tread mill), Jacuzzi, Strength (free weights), Strength (machines), Swimming pool
- Services: Classes, Personal training
- Classes/programs: Aerobics, Body sculpting, Pilates, Swimming, Weight loss, Yoga
- Pool length: 20 yards
- Diving: No
- Teams: Vary depending on the season. See the Parks and Recreation catalog for seasonal teams.
- What's the most important rule for this pool?: No diving