Seneca Middle School is one of four middle schools in the Chippewa Valley School District. The present building was completed in 2007 and sits at the corner of 21 Mile Road and Heydenreich. Home to the Jaguar football, basketball, track and volleyball teams, Seneca also boasts numerous student organizations that have been recognized locally for their community service. Through its fund-raisers, the Optimist Club and Student Council have raised thousands of dollars for local charities. The student council also regularly sponsors Seneca's dances, donut sales and Spirit Week. In past years, Seneca students have participated in academic competitions such as the Geography Bee, Spelling Bee, Optimist Club Oratorical Contest and Michigan Math League. In addition to core subjects such as math and science, Seneca also offers students the opportunity to unleash their artistic talents in band and choir and expell their energy in physical education. The band and choir programs have received first division ratings at the Michigan State Band and Orchestra Association Band and Orchestra Festival and the Michigan School Vocal Music Association Choral Festival, respectively.
- Fax: 586-723-3901
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:58am - 2:46pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: There are handicap-accessible bathrooms.
- Number of students: 1,256
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: North Central Association
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 70
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Student clubs regularly volunteer in the community and partner with local organizations to fund-raise for and donate to local charities.
- Grade levels: 6-8
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Dances, Jaguar Jaunt
- Student clubs: Student Council, Bowling Club, Optimist Club, Ski Club, Scrapbook, Green Team, Yearbook, Science Olympiad
- Sports teams: Football, boys' and girls' basketball, volleyball, track